How to Know if He’s ‘The One’

Or Not the One?

https://unsplash.com/@jess33mx


How can you know for sure that your partner is the one for you?

The simple truth is, you can’t.

As a young teenager, I threw a declaration out into the wind that I would marry a man with curly hair who loved water sports.

When I met my then-boyfriend, now-husband, it was a lifetime later, different school, different friends and yet I met this young man who loved nothing better than to go water skiing with friends every weekend, and, yes, he had curly hair!

Now, several decades later, we have our own little run-around boat and love nothing better than to go out on the lake or for a paddle in quiet waters. But those several decades were definitely not smooth sailing.


https://unsplash.com/@matthewclarkrogers


From the outside, it looks like he was my 'one.' But there were many occasions when I wondered, in fact we both wondered, if  we wanted this life together. You see, when I threw my declaration out into the Universe, I was young and knew what my deepest desires were, but as we get older, we tend to let life's expectations carry us away from our 'knowing.'

Fortunately for me, for us, we did everything we could to make our relationship stronger, stay together, and forge the life of our dreams. Now I'm not saying every couple should do this, there are definitely times when you need to cut loose. But that's just the point, not every relationship is meant to be 'the one', some are meant to be 'the way-showers' because we tend to get lost in life every now and again.

So the point of my writing today, is to ask you:

  1. Are you living the life your young self ordained for you?
  2. If not, how can you get back to the life of your desires?

I don't have the answers for you but I have a few suggestions that might help:
  1. Go back to doing the things you loved doing at a younger age. That might be something creative, something physical like workouts, trekking, cycling, camping or anything that gets you back in touch with the you who knew what you wanted.
  2. Start to observe yourself inwardly. That might be journaling, meditating, spending quiet contemplative time in nature or just simply taking a few deep breaths.

https://unsplash.com/@misterdoulou


None of us have all the answers but the deeper you get to know yourself, really know who you are, what you're about and what makes you smile inwardly, the clearer the answers will be.

So go and have some fun, enjoy the holiday season and I will be back with you to hear all your wondrous discoveries next week.

In the meantime I'll leave you with this...

Life is a beautiful journey, enjoy the ride 💛 
 

I've spent a lot of time on the water lately and gained some deep knowledge from the tides of life and ebb and flow of seasons and cycles in relationships, so if you'd like to read a little deeper insight from me, I'm certain this book will be of great value to you, free today, Wednesday 13 March 2024.

And if you're longing to travel again and spend time in nature, whether on the water or walking the trails, my memoir, En Route, is sure to delight you. Available at this link or you can leave a comment if you'd like a signed copy of the paperback directly from me (Australia-wide only, sorry). 

En Route: The best is yet to be, is for all those wanting to find themselves, and live their life full of love, but on their terms. 


Your voice, your way 💖


 Smooth sailing for your week ahead. 

Comments

  1. Oh come on, it was easy in your case. He had curly hair that you wanted. hehe!
    Just kidding...!

    I guess we never know who's the right one for us, until we meet one. Sure, we all have certain expectations of what our partners to be but then in real life it can be completely different than what we hope for.

    The more we understand ourselves, the open our mind gets towards others and help us see them better without a bias. Having said that knowing ourselves will only keep us in the direction where our values, principles are always intact. If he or she is the one, will always choose to respect that.

    We may not find a perfect partner, but with time and effort we can become perfect for eachother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, yes, the curls! But yeah, seriously, the deeper we do understand ourselves before finding a partner, the better the partnership will be. I think that's one of the disadvantages of meeting someone at a young age because we really don't know who we are until we find our way in our own space. But, as you said, we work of becoming perfect for each other.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Kind of Life You Want

Date Night Arguments and How to Prevent Them

Never Give Up