New Book Release

It’s time for me to come clean


You may not know that I also write children’s books, as well as my adult stories. That’s because I write them under different names. After four long years, I’ve finally created a paperback version of the very first children’s book I ever wrote, Swooping Through the Milky Way. I’ll be celebrating the new book release with an online launch party 🥳🥳

It feels so right to have gone full circle to my beginnings as an author. If you’re wondering why it took so long, it’s because I had to change the cover. But I’m okay with that now. If you’re curious, come join my new book release launch event live on either Instagram or Facebook, or catch the replay if our time zones don’t align.



Onto Other Exciting News

I’m going on a literary trail in South West England!

I’ll be visiting Dulverton where Lorna Doone’s statue stands. I’ve owned a copy of her story since 1977 and even have a photo of me in a similar dress as on the book cover!

Lorna Doone is the story of John Ridd, a farmer who finds love amid the religious and social turmoil of seventeenth-century England.


I’ll also be visiting Tintagel where King Arthur’s legendary statue looms over the moors. 

Poldark scenery will definitely feature too: Winston Graham's Poldark saga explores the complications of love lost and the class struggle of 18th-century England with a light comic touch. 


Other stops include the birth town of Agatha Christie where I’ll be posing with her statue too, in Torquay; and Frederick Forsyth in Bucks.

Of course, no visit to Southwest country is complete without a stop in Cheddar Gorge - all the cheese! - and Glastonbury Tor. One of my own stories has a scene from Glastonbury Tor in it, though it’s not near to being released, it is in the editing stages. Even though I’ve written about Glastonbury Tor, I’ve never been, so I’m thrilled to be able to fill in any gaps in my descriptions. 

I guess you can tell I’m a little bit excited. 

I’ll also be catching up with dear friends who are mentioned in my memoir, En Route, and permission permitting, I might even share pics of them.

If you’re curious, have a peak at the link: EN ROUTE: A coming-of-age travel memoir




If you’re after something a little light-hearted to end off Couples Appreciation Month, I have a movie and a book recommendation for you:



Don’t miss out on next month’s epic catch up of my trip to the brooding moors of Southwest England. Sign up today: Blog Sign Up Form

That’s all for now, keep smiling.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Kind of Life You Want

Never Give Up

Date Night Arguments and How to Prevent Them