Life Updates (maybe unhinged)
And Author News
My fingertips are flying across the keyboard once more as my stories take off, and I'm overjoyed to tell you that the first draft of A Dangerous Liaison is complete.
Now the edits begin, but not before I complete the editing for Friendship & Fun which has been 'breathing' while I was writing.
It's a bit like being a baker, I guess. You fill the baking trays with tasty treats you've put together, then put them in the oven to bake and transform into delightful morsels while you return to mixing dough into magical goods again.
The reason I mention baking is because I've been on a conveyor belt of feeding, discarding, and baking sourdough breads and I'm a bit at the end of my tether. They don't seem to rise enough, though the flavour is good. The last one I tried was olive sourdough and it’s delicious if a little flat.
Anyway, I've been sulking a bit and left the sourdough starter in my fridge to ruminate over it's flaws. I know, I know, it can't emote and it's not the sourdough, it's the baker, AKA me.
I'll keep at it, but if you have any tips at all, please consider sharing them with me. Thanks xx
That was unhinged life update number one.
Now for the next episode of my interesting life. I volunteer on our park's foreshore to maintain the planting, weeding and upkeep of rushes to minimise erosion from the lake.
It's looking good, but my latest project has taken a full year to complete. Well, actually, 45 minutes to complete, but a whole year to get off the ground.
Anyway, it's a Water for Wildlife trough that I am so disproportionately happy about.
It provides water for birds and other critters and has little rocks in the drinking curve of a pvc pipe so the critters don't drown.
It makes my heart so happy to know that we are making a difference. It might seem an unhinged thing to be disproportionately happy about, but, well, that's just me.
(Please tell me about your unhinged hobbies that make you feel disproportionately happy so I don’t feel alone).
How cute, and practical, and perfect!
Onto unhinged life update number three.
Usually, in the winter, families head off to warmer climates for the holidays. Not us. Nope, we're headed to areas where it is minus three degrees celsius, from our temperate climate of a pleasant 25C.
Why the daft decision you ask?
Well, we wanted to go to an outdoor expo for our new-to-us motorhome and it's in the middle of minus temperatures.
So, technically, it's not us who are daft, but I'll say no more on the matter. I will however, report from the ground to let you know how we fair.
Well, back to writing for me.
Besides my two editing projects mentioned above, I have three half-finished manuscripts that I'm longing to get back to.
One is a children's story about the instinct required for following one's curiosity which involves the magical realism of a moving door.
The other is a nonfiction work involving the illusion of time and how to stop it.
The last, is another romcom about two best friends, Mabel and Florrie, who run amok in their retirement home, including immoral shenanigans and fibrous friendships.
I hope you've had a bit of fun reading about my unhinged life choices! And I hope to report back about our travels and my books.
Just a quick mention about the grand finale of my sixtieth birthday celebrations swimming with the whale sharks at Ningaloo, WA. It was breathtaking. So much so, that I gasped and spluttered in awe while swimming under water with these magnificent graceful humongous fish.
Until next time, keep smiling ☺
Elora's books are available from Amazon in ebook and paperback, at the following link: Elora Canne’s books
Remember to sign up and stay updated with Elora's news:
Elora’s reading news:
Just finished: Finding Arthur Whittle by Helen Aitchison - reviewed here
Currently reading: The Road Trip by Tricia Stringer - very appropriate for our imminent travels
Next up: A Country Vet Christmas short story by Alissa Callen, and
Secrets of the River, a cosy murder mystery by Janene Morgan
Remember to support Aussie Author August!


Comments
Post a Comment