ππ»♀️ Joke’s on Me
When Life Has the Last Laugh
Last month I was so happy that my stories were flying off my fingertips onto the proverbial page. Hah! And then the laughter (and by laughter I mean tears), flowed instead.
My writing has come to a grinding halt, quite literally, with my laptop out of action.
Sure, I could write by hand, or on my Notes app, but let me tell you, dear reader, it is not the same!
Handwriting short stories is fine, lovely even, and I do love handwriting letters, which I did. And I did, in fact, also handwrite several short stories for my writing group - thank goodness for that outlet!
But my manuscripts and editing have had to wait and I couldn’t believe how much I missed writing every day. Instead, I occupied myself with building my miniature bookshop which was fun! Images to come as I’m unable to upload without my laptop, hence the emoji thumbnail.
Anyway, enough drama and onto actual news.
My delightful reader and writer friends on Facebook recently gave me a clearer perspective on my writing goals, after I sent out a plea for help. I was blown-away by their genuine interest in my plight.
As a result, the decision to delay publication of the third novella in A Midlife Romcom trilogy was unanimously agreed upon. Which means that, Friendship & Fun (and romance undone), will now be published early 2027 and not late 2026 as initially thought.
As for my reading goals for August, I literally had to abandon my current reads (long story, but they’re 150km away from me), and subsequently found myself in a reading slump!
Well, that’s all my news for now. Except to add that I baked my favourite Banana Brownies this week, mentioned by Clarisse in Love & Laughter (and other disasters): ‘I’ve been known to start a meal with brownie dessert and forego the mains altogether.’ Clarisse smiled shyly.
(That’s book one in A Midlife Romcom trilogy).
The brownie recipe is on my YouTube channel, Foodie Fun with Books, here. Psst, it’s sugar-free.
Let’s hope September brings lots of reading and writing (and a bit of baking too).
Until next time, keep smiling π
Elora's books are available from Amazon in ebook and paperback, at the following link: Elora Canne’s books
Remember to sign up and stay updated with Elora's news:
πΌπΌπΌπΌπΌπΌπΌπΌπΌπΌ
Awe, I'm so sorry! I hope the laptop gets back into working order soon so you can get back to what you love. Sending prayers! (I couldn't sign in--this is Amber)
ReplyDeleteThanks so much Amber. Truly appreciate your kind words and prayers.
Delete