Slow Burn

Seasoned Love

I think I've just referred to love as a piece of food, but we all know that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach, right? 

Wrong!

Seriously though, this month, October 2026, my husband and I celebrate our Ruby Anniversary! It seems impossible, and yet it is real! (That's forty years in case you weren't sure).

The only advice I feel experienced enough to give, is to have the difficult conversations.

Don't shy away from those awkward chats because then you are shying away from growth and progress. 

The other piece of advice I would offer is to not lose yourself, AKA your identity, in a relationship. Try to maintain your interests and joys, because... 

a happy you equals a happy two. 


That's it, that's my 'secret' to success in a long-term relationship.


Disclaimer: I am not a qualified couples therapist. 

All opinions are my own, based on personal experience


If you're after more specific ideas, like getting lost in a virtual cabin together, forever, (joking, maybe - this was from a date night we tried), I have written two helpful guides that transformed our connection. 

We’ve survived varied stages of our relationship, so you should find something helpful in either booklet. 

Both are quick reads of about an hour; one focuses on togetherness, the other focuses on autonomy.

Here are the links for you: (These are the Australian links, please click through for your country)


Helpful ideas as a couple: - Creating Sparks that Last ebook only currently $0.99c - [the cabin date is in this booklet]




Your personal growth: - En Route Affirmations paperback only includes blank pages to reflect, write and revisit.

Buy it here


Writing News

Good news 🥳🥳

My novella, Friendship & Fun (and romance undone), is currently with my proofreader, and formatting is all queued up. 

This will be an early 2027 launch since this year, 2026, has thrown a few plot twists my way. 

It is the finale in A Midlife Romcom Series.

The first two novellas are:

Book One - Love & Laughter (and other disasters)

Book Two - Marriage & Mayhem (and some pandemonium)


This cosy, small-town Midlife Romcom Series makes a perfect gift pack for the discerning reader who enjoys no-spice romance for later-in-life love; just saying 🤶🏻🎄🎁


Linked here  and here and are universal links.


                            

My full-length novel, A Dangerous Liaison, is also complete, and is awaiting the scrutiny of proofreader, editor and formatter. It will be published late-2027. 

This one is a romantic suspense, far removed from the romcom genre.



(Not yet available. Hop on the list to be notified of release date closer to the time: 
Email elora_canne@gmail.com - subject heading: A Dangerous Liaison)



Books I've Enjoyed

I fell into a prolonged reading slump through September but did enjoy the one or two books I read. 


My fiction read was Secrets of the River by Janene Morgan. 

My review: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 

Written with heart, softness and a gentle observation of humankind, Secrets of the River is a perfect blend of intrigue and compassion. 

I loved the thorough yet unhurried cadence of author, Janene Morgan's, writing style. 

Five star review and recommendation.



My nonfiction read was an ARC, The 5 Life Languages by David Ralston.

My review: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

The book is set out in clearly defined language types, including a range of processing strategies. 

It is then finalised with ways to strengthen your connection with a person in each particular language type.

Ralston's clear writing style provides renewed ways of engaging, which I found highly valuable. Five stars.

That's all from me, until next time, keep smiling ☺

Remember to subscribe for special offers and new releases: Blog sign up form

Find all my books here


Comments

  1. Congrats on the Ruby anniversary! I hope Billy and I reach 40 years! We're past the half-way point to it. ***raising glass of champaign*** here's to another 10 years or more for you and hubby! (this is Amber, btw lol)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Amber. I have full faith that you and Billy will reach your Ruby Anniversary too. **Cheersing with champagne xx

      Delete
  2. Happy Ruby Anniversary to you both. That’s a very special milestone to celebrate.
    Thank you for reading my novel and sharing such a kind review. I appreciate it so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Janene, it seems remarkable even to me! And my pleasure to read and review your novel; you have a beautiful, lyrical way with words.

      Delete
  3. Happy Anniversary, Elora! What a wonderful accomplishment to add to your growing list! I am so impressed with the speed uou are able to get new titles out. I have no clue how you do it. Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Maria, I appreciate your kind words immensely. Writing gives me an outlet for all my thoughts - they fly out at a rate of knots!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to our cosy blog space

Wild Walks & Writing Sprints

Hot 🔥 Relationship Goals